International Yoga Teacher Training YTT (200) Sri Lanka
Become a Teacher
About the Course
In order to become an inspirational teacher, one has to start by truly knowing themselves, that is where the work and the fun begins–and that is the kind of journey we want to invite you on. Taking place in Tropical Paradise in lush nature, you will retreat to a space of serenity, allowing you to establish inner peace surrounded by the beauty nature. Meditate, heal and connect with your true Divine self. Share your Knowledge and experience.
This yoga teacher training is as much a personal journey as it is a communal one. Over the course of 28 days we will not only deepen our bond with, and our knowledge of, our true Self, but many of us will form lifelong relationships with each other as we join together to take a deeper look at yoga and what this incredible and ancient practice has to show us.
Through daily practice, study and discussion, you will discover and develop all of the tools necessary to establish a strong and supportive practice for yourself and your students. While a 200 hour YTT is a substantial commitment in terms of time, and one’s devotion to self inquiry and practice, it is also one of the most exciting, fulfilling and transformational experiences one can embark on.
- Fundamental principles of Ancient and Modern yogic Philosophy
- Intelligent sequencing
- Precautions of yoga practice
- Therapeutic Alignment
- Clear Cueing
- Yogic ahar (diet)
- Pranayama, Meditation, Mantra & Chakra understanding
- Anatomy and physiology
- How to apply Yoga to one’s everyday life to maintain peace, bliss and harmony
- Practical and Theoretical methodology
- How to develop personal yoga sadhana
- How to overcome obstacles in your yoga practice
- Prayer and mantra singing
- Satkarma- (cleansing techniques)
- Asana (postures) Body alignment and its importance in yoga
- Yoga safety guidelines
- Mudra and Bandha
- Pranayama (breathing)
- Dhyan (Meditation)
- Guided teaching practice
- Principles of demonstration
- Teaching styles
- The student’s process of learning
- Business skills
- Setting up classes
- Communication skills
- Observation, assisting and correcting
- Physical anatomy & physiology
- Spiritual anatomy and physiology
- Studying of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
- Yogic diet, lifestyle and ethics
The trainee will be assessed on class participation, lesson planning, practicum, leading a workshop, and ability to teach a philosophy lesson. Trainees will receive valuable feedback on their teaching practice from both the teacher and students, and are expected to meet certain teaching standards regarding the knowledge of anatomy, asana alignment, adjustments and communication.
If you have an existing yoga practice, an open mind, commitment to learning, and motivation to go within and discover all the layers of yourself, then this training is for you.
Applicants with a beginner’s practice are welcome to apply to this training, keeping in mind that it requires a high level of self-discipline as it is physically, mentally and spiritually demanding but nonetheless, highly rewarding.
|6:30||7:00||Satkarma and Tea|
|7:00||8:00||Chanting and Pranayama (Breathing Exercise)|
|17:00||18:30||Asana and Meditation practice|
Please note: this schedule is changeable on request by the students. The students will get one day off per week (usually on a Sunday) but this can also be changed.
- Three delicious organic vegetarian/vegan meals a day with unlimited access to herbal teas
- Accommodation for 27 nights in Ella Jungle resort
- One Ayurvedic massage
- Yoga textbook, Manuals and note books
- Yoga Alliance certificate.
- Travel Expenses to and from the retreat including airfare, airport transfers
- Expenses for outings and day trips
- Travel and medical insurance is also recommended
- Laundry (available for extra charge
The Course is Conducted on selected Nature Resorts with Tropical Jungle Setting or Mountain regions of sri lanka as well as South of the island where there is Beach and Sun.
The Total price of 200hrs YTT is $2500 Sharing Accommodation
The Total price of 200hrs YTT is $3000 Single Accommodation
The Course start date is the 15th of every month and the duration of the course is 28 days (4weeks) Please book on time to avoid disappointment.
We will require a deposit of $1500.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
The weather in the Nature Resorts varies from Season to season. It gets somewhat cold especially in the mornings and in the nights. Although the daytime is usually warm & breezy
- Warm clothing for evenings and mornings
- Warm socks
- Waterproof walking shoes and outdoor wear, Sandals for around the retreat
- A warm cardigan or blanket/shawl for meditation
- A headlamp and batteries or flashlight
- Conservative dress for temple visits
- A refillable water bottle/thermos (drinking water and tea available on site)
- Personal medical kit
- Mosquito and bug repellants (summer and rainy season)
- Personal toiletries
- Your own yoga mat (question of personal preference) but we also supply them
- Yoga towel
- Extra highlighters, pens and a diary. We provide you with 1 notepad for lessons, a pen and a pencil as well as the manual
We supply all bedding, towels, electrical heaters and extra blankets for the room.
We operate a strict policy of no smoking alcohol or drugs.
Abiding by Pantajali’s 8 limbs of yoga, we expect non-violence, including refrain from foul language, and following a vegetarian/vegan diet. Respect is expected from all at the retreat; staff, guests, and students towards one another and the surrounding wildlife. As a student at the retreat, you are considered a member of our community where everyone shares meals together from our menu at fixed times. We aim to accommodate our fellow students as best we can by providing organic, healthy vegetarian meals.
Should you have medical dietary requirements please let us know in advance or alternatively bring what you may need (we do not serve meat nor fish nor eggs and all dairy is cow based).
The use of mobile phones or any other electrical gadget is prohibited during class time. Time keeping is very important to us and you are required to be punctual throughout the course.
In your free time, feel free to help out with our farming activities, roam around the resort, or take part in our communal work.